Consulates are often difficult to get citizenship appointments with. When you are able to snag an appointment, it may be years off. Then, once you submit your application for recognition, it may be another year or two before they process it.
So, why not go to Italy? Heck, how about getting all the documentation ready and walking it into your ancestral comune the next time you’re there on vacation?
Not so easy. Yes, you can apply in Italy, but there are laws and procedures you must follow. We walk you through these in the submenu topics.
- Is it possible to apply in Italy if I live outside Italy?
- Where in Italy do I apply?
- What documentation do I need?
- What happens after your application is finalized?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Regulations